Are you looking for greener gifts for friends and family this holiday season? We have many options to help you celebrate with the amazing benefits of composting!
- Beautiful “Compost Is the Heartbeat of Your Soil” cards (pictured at right) for 2/$5 or 5/$10
- If you’d like to buy a composter for a pal but are worried about how to wrap it, we offer gift certificates that allow the lucky gift recipient to pick up their new Earth Machine or Green Cone Food Digester at their convenience
- All composters are 10% off for the month of December, whether you’re buying for yourself or a loved one
- A wingdigger is a great present for anyone looking to level up their composting powers
- Do you have a friend who loves to learn? You can buy them a gift certificate for a free Compost Ed Centre workshop of their choice!
- Seeds are 50% off for December and make great stocking stuffers!
- Compost Education Centre memberships are a gift that gives and gives – purchasing them helps support our children’s programming, and the lucky recipient gets two free workshops, 10% off any composters they buy from us, and a 10% discount at many garden centres around town
We are open our normal hours of Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00am-4:00pm right up until Friday December 23rd, so feel free to stop by our one stop compost shop and do some browsing!
Join the Victoria Storytellers’ Guild for an evening of stories rooted in land and nature.
You are welcome to come to listen or can also bring a story of your own to share. Stories can be of different lengths up to 10 minutes or so. Shorter stories are welcome, too. They can be folk tales, fairy tales, myths, legends, personal stores (happened to the teller or someone close to them), can have some singing or response from the audience. They must be told “by heart”, that is, not read from text or with the use of notes.
Admission by donation at the door, with all proceeds going to support the Compost Education Centre’s programming. Tea and cookies will be provided
When: 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm, Friday, November 4th
Where: 1831 Fern St., the Quakers’ Meeting Hall.
Our annual August Organic Plant Sale is coming up on Saturday Aug 27th, 10am-2pm at the Compost Education Centre, 1216 North Park St!
The sale is a great chance to get local, organic veggie starts for winter growing! Come on out to the little sister of our spring organic plant sale and get your greens for the winter. Kale, broccoli, cabbage, salad greens, culinary herbs, medicinal herbs and much, much more will be available.
Did you know that the Compost Ed Centre offers great workshops not only on our site but also out and about in the CRD? All the workshops that our staff teach here on site are also deliverable to your office, strata, university/college class or garden club AGM. Read more
We continued our passion for fungi from Mushroom Education Day with a great workshop on how to create permanent mushroom pathways in the garden. And we installed them right here in the Teaching Garden, so you can come on by and take a look at your leisure!
Looking for information about what the CRD kitchen scraps strategy means for your multi-family dwelling? You’ve come to the right place! Read more